Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pregnancy Journal Week 19

So I'm a day late on updating my pregnancy journal. I have a good reason. I got a call yesterday from my Dr. insisting that I come in today. He received my Ultrasound report and felt it was very urgent to get me in right away. So many things ran through my mind. The major thing was bed rest. How would I do that? I arranged child care and waited for today to arrive. I got the kids situated and went to me Dr. I waited for 1 hour and a half. He came in and told me that my placenta had abnormal blood flow and that I was at risk for intra uterine fetal demise. He wanted to check me for a blood clotting disorder, and I would be put on blood thinners. Heprin is the blood thinner and the only way to take it is by injection. He told me that they were going to show me how to give myself a shot twice a day. AHHHHHHHHH I can't do that. So I asked if I could have Jonathan do it for me. My Dr. was completely fine with that. So soon we will be taught how to make me a pin cushion for the next 4.5 months. YEAH???? He told me if I didn't do this that the baby would die. I have to have an ultrasound in 3 weeks to check on the blood flow. What is the cause of this???? Dr. thinks it could be that my uterus is getting too old. I'm only almost 30. I'm not old. But I guess my uterus isn't as good as others. So this is for sure my last baby. I can't do this again. It's just too scary. I'm not on bed rest but I'm told that I have to limit my activity. I can't do anything that's going to bring up my heart rate. I also asked if the baby is going to come early and he said that he didn't know. Well this is going to be difficult, and scary. But I can do difficult things. I do have faith that my baby is going to be born healthy. I just have to be super careful.

1 comment:

Ricky and Kristi Rogers said...

you can do it! take it EASY though. nothing is worth "risking" it.
stay positive. sorry about the injections, that is no fun.

kristi rogers