Tuesday, April 28, 2009
The BIG Ultrasound!
I've already have had an ultrasound that only told us the gender of the baby. So yesterday I had the ultrasound that tells you how organs and growth of the baby are doing. It was a really long ultrasound at a high risk ultrasound place. (my dr. sends all of his patients there). Yes she's still a girl. She weighs 9 ozs and is measuring right on time. Everything looks great. So after the ultrasound the tech told me that she was going to show the Dr. the pictures and then the Dr. would be in to talk to me. WHAT?!?!? I've never had the Dr. talk to me after an ultrasound. So I had to wait like 10 min in suspense. The Dr. came in and told me that the baby looked really healthy but...........BUT!!! there is a small problem. The babies umbilical has an abnormality that isn't allowing the blood to flow at the correct velocity. It's called Abnormal Umbilical Cord Artery Doppler. What does this mean....... it means the baby could be small or I could get high blood pressure during pregnancy. Both could result in bed rest and early delivery. How does a mother of 4 stay on bed rest. I will know more of what my Dr. wants me to do next Wed. I also have another ultrasound at 26 to 30 weeks. They will check the growth of the baby and go from there. I would really appreciate prayers to come my way.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Prayers are definately coming your way! Let me know if there is anything I can do. We love you soooooo much!
Post a Comment