Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Pregnancy Journal Week 36
Wow I made it this far..... last week I didn't think I would. Since coming home from the hospital I've had regular contractions both Sunday and Monday night. Poor Jonathan was anticipating a middle of the night hospital visit. He is sooooo excited for this baby to come. I had an appt yesterday expecting to have dilated more. But guess what nothing. I had all those pains for hours for nothing. Ugh, I guess I need an experience of a lifetime for my last pregnancy. I told my Dr. about my contractions and he said it just doesn't make sense for me to have such regular contractions and have no change in my cervix. Then he said you must be miserable and of course when you are having labor pains yeah your miserable. Well at least me. He said that if this is going on all this next week we might talk about getting an amnio done to check the babies lungs. If they are mature he might deliver me. If you don't have a medical reason there are a lot of politics you have to go through. I'm just getting contractions that a normal woman would go to the hospital for and come home with a baby. Since they are mimicking real labor pains and nothing is resulting from them except a sleepless night and pain it feels as if I'm going through the labor process night after night. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get induced but I'm not really counting on it. Lily came at 37 weeks and did great. I'm glad that I've been documenting this whole pregnancy even though it will be hard I know that the end result will be very much worth it. Oh I kind of got a taste of what it will be like for the kids to have a baby around. My next door neighbor had a baby a little over 2 weeks ago. We went over there for the kids to hold him. Lily loved it and wanted to do it several times. Emma had her turn and liked it but wanted to play more. Peter would come up to the baby and say "Hi baby." I would ask him if he wanted to hold the baby and he exclaimed very forcefully "NO". Benjamin didn't care less which most likely will be different when it's mommy holding and caring for the baby all the time. I don't know if Peter will just be friendly with the baby and not hold her or if he will want to. We will see. Hopefully soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! I am rather amazed you are still pregnant too! Does getting an amnio scare you? You are always in my thoughts and prayers...love ya!
Ummm not really. If I was only 12 weeks along it would. The risks are higher when you are only 3 months compared to 9. If anything went wrong they would just deliver me, and I'm ok with that.
Post a Comment