Miriam Belle is here and I couldn't be happier. She is a wonderful baby that only cries when she is hungry or getting changed. I have to say that even though the pregnancy was hard it was soooo worth it. I got a beautiful little girl out of it. Here is her birth story:
Last Saturday I decided that I was done being pregnant, and started to clean the entire house and mow the back lawn. I was getting light contractions throughout the day anyway so I thought if anything was going to come from them might as well stay busy. By 7 that night the contractions were getting pretty painful and I wasn't in the best of moods. We had family night because it was pushed back because of Jonathan's work. So during that time I was not really there as I was trying to get through each painful contraction. Jonathan decided that it was time to get to the hospital at about 9. I really didn't want to go but I was in a lot of pain. We got the kids clothes together and off we went. We dropped the boys off at Maria's house and the girls off at Larry and Margarets house. When we got to the hospital it took them a half hour to come in and check me. It seemed as if it was an eternity because I was really nervous that there would be no change and I would be sent home. Well that wasn't it I was 5 cm and getting admitted to labor and delivery. The next thing I asked for was the epidural. They got me too my room and about a half hour after that I got my epidural. Oh that is a story all in it's self. The epidural lady had the hardest time getting it in. She tried 3 different spots and it was painful. Jonathan was watching the whole time and he said she would put the huge needle in my back and dig around in there. He could here the needle grinding on my bones. I was holding on his hand so tight during it I'm surprised I didn't hurt him. By the end of the second attempt at the epidural he said that he wasn't feeling so good. The nurse told him that his lips were going white and that he better sit down. Jonathan said he was just about to faint. So he sat down and epidural lady tried on last time and I couldn't feel it at all because she had put some of the medicine in earlier. After that ordeal I was comfortable and ready to sleep. But I can't sleep when I'm waiting for something so exciting. I had to wait until 4 am to have the dr come in and break my water. So about 4:30 am he broke my water and hooked me up to some medicine to get my contractions stronger. At 7:15 I told the nurse that I was ready to push and I was. It took about 30 mins for her to come out and during that time the Dr. guessed that she would be about 7 1/2 pounds until she came out and said nope she's your smallest one. Jonathan cut the cord and then they gave her to me. I was so amazed at how small she was. Finally they weighed her and she was 5 lbs 14 ozs. Just a tiny little girl. She is so sweet and alert. She was awake from the time she was born until after lunch time. I was amazed that she was that alert for being early. Well I had my baby and I am enjoying every minute of her and the rest of my family. I have to say that going from 4 to 5 kids is not that bad. There is no change really just more to love.
1 comment:
Total people bumps!!! What an adorable little girl!!! So glad that you and Jonathan have such a wonderful family. Will want a visit when I can come out again...probably Nov. LOTS OF LOVE!!!
Post a Comment