Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Pregnancy Journal Week 12.

Well it's 3:17 am and I can't sleep. Oh the joys of pregnancy induced insomnia. It's just what I expect to happen. It's just happening earlier than ever. Maybe not, I really hope not. Well now that I've complained a wee bit I'll go on to recording whats been happening with my pregnancy this week.

Morning Sickness......... is so much less now. I still do have bad days. Those bad days are very few and do not include being sick the entire day. It's like just part of the day. I've decided to stay away from all sweets this pregnancy. First of all they are a small part of the reasons I feel sick. I eat them and I just feel awful the rest of the day. Second of all I'm really trying to keep my weight gain down to a minimum. I've actually lost a pound as of a week ago. I'm watching my calories as well. I'm not going under 2000 a day. A pregnant woman should have 2500, but I didn't get all the weight off after Benjamin so I think I could eat a little less. Good thing is I'm craving fruits and vegies allot. Oh and subs (just so yummy). Not too high in calories as long as you have it in moderation. I hear the baby's heart beat daily. I'm SOOOOOOO glad I have that doppler. My Dr. keeps pushing back my appts. If I didn't have a way to check on the baby I would be a nervous wreck. Since the baby has gotten bigger it's easier to hear the baby, and it's louder. Before it would measure at the 130's BMP, but now it's consistently 160's. I think I have felt the baby move too. I do hear it kick the doppler, and at the same time I feel the sensation of a bubble popping. It's nice to feel it so early on. I didn't feel Benjamin until 17 weeks. I have my appt next Wednesday, and I will be out of the first trimester. I'm so excited to be at 12 weeks because the risk of miscarriage is so much less. I just can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl. If it's a boy I'm ok with clothing, but a girl I have nothing considering I had a girl 5 1/2 years ago. I'm still thinking it's a girl. Jonathan and I can't even imagine this baby being a boy. I guess we will see. I'm excited for the second trimester because it's the best one for me. So highlights to come.

No comments: