When I was almost 37 weeks pregnant with Lily I left my work early to go to a Dr's. Appt. It was January 16th 2002 on a Thursday. I had felt kinda odd that day during work. My co workers said that my face would go from normal to pale white over and over again. So I was glad I had a appt. that day. When I got there I got the normal stuff done. But a couple of things were off. 1st of all my blood pressure was abnormally high at 82/153. Mine is normally 100/60. I also was producing protein in my urine. YUCK sorry. Anyway my Dr. said that he could either induce me the next day or put me on bed rest for a week and risk death for me and the baby. He didn't feel comfortable in the second option so he said that a nurse would call me the next morning and tell me when to come in. I was in utter shock. I wasn't expecting this to happen at all. So I drive to go pick up Jonathan, and head home. I was instructed to lay on my left side and not really do anything. So when I got home we let Jonathan's mom know what was going on and she came right over to wash all the baby clothes as I hadn't done that yet. I thought I had plenty of time. About 10 o'clock came we got a call from the hospital and said that I could come in that night. I thought well it's going to happen why not right now. My mother-in-law suggested that we get a good night sleep and go in the morning, because I had been up since 6 am that morning. I was just too anxious to sleep so I decided to go to the hospital. I got hooked up to the pitocin about 12 am and didn't sleep at all. When my contractions got kinda hard I asked for something to help. They gave me Stadol and that stuff made me so loopy. It was funny as I just got it put into my IV I was out in less than a minute. Jonathan said I was talking until I passed out. After I slept for about an hour they checked me and I was at a 6 and my Dr. broke my water. After that the contractions came fast and hard. So I begged for that wonderful epidural. After I got that about an hour past and I was ready to have my little girl. I pushed for about 45 min and it felt like I had a bowling ball on my spine. Lily arrived at 1:24 pm on Friday January 17th. The nurse guessed Lily's weight at over 9 pounds. HAHA!!! After she came out they weighed her and she weighed 6lbs 10oz. She measured 19 1/4 inches. When they gave her too me she smiled right away.
Me after a long night in the hospital.
Jonathan helping me through a contraction.
Lily's first bath.
We got visitors all day and it was so much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment