Oh I love epidurals........ You don't smile while in labor doing it natural.Monday, June 22, 2009
Monday Memory #17
When I was pregnant with Emma it was quite the experience. At 32 weeks I started to feel contractions 10 mins. apart. I was getting scared so I went into the hospital to see what was going on. When they hooked me up I was contracting 5 min apart. They gave me fluids and a drug that would stop my contractions. It worked and I was sent home. I was so glad that she didn't come at that time. Fast forward 2 weeks I again started to contract every 5 min. So I went in again to have the same protocol performed. Then ditto to the next week and then I had a week break and went in again at 37 weeks on my birthday. I was having contractions and they just stopped so I was sent home. I went in to have a Non stress test at 38 weeks and they said I was 4 cm dilated and was hoping the dr. would let me stay, but he didn't. At 39 weeks I got really bad contractions about 9 pm and went in AGAIN, but this time I was 5 cm dilated. Dr's don't send you home after 5 cms. I got my epidural soon after I got there and guess what happened I stalled. So I laid there for a very long time until they gave me pitocin to start my labor back up. My Dr. came in at 8:30 in the morning to break my water. 1 and 1/2 hour later my nurse came in and said Emma's heart rate was going down and I was ready to push. I pushed for 30 min and Emma came out with the cord wrapped around her neck so tight that the Dr. couldn't cut it, take it off her head, and he had to pull it down her body as she came out. She was pretty purple when she came out. She was so bright eyed and quiet. She was laying on the warmer so quiet I thought she wasn't breathing. But she was just observing everything and that is how she is.
Oh I love epidurals........ You don't smile while in labor doing it natural.
Oh I love epidurals........ You don't smile while in labor doing it natural.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment