Thursday, May 05, 2011

Twins and D&C

I went into the dr and got a follow up ultrasound just to make sure everything stayed the same or by a miracle things got better. As we looked around and saw 2 little yolk sacks which is the start of a baby. I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure I would NEVER get pregnant with twins. Jonathan saw the 2 "babies" and got really disappointed he really wanted twins. He had a goal of 7 kids. Poor guy. But I got my answer as to why I lost them. First of all my progesterone wasn't nearly high enough to support two pregnancies. If you remember my last pregnancy..... That was hard, and can you imagine doubling it. I really don't think my body could of handled it and I would be in serious trouble. Heavenly Father really spared me. I needed to be able to take care of my 5 blessings I have now. So after the ultrasound Jonathan and I went to check in for surgery. We waited a bit and went back. After a while they starred the process and put some sleepy drugs into my IV. I'm really sensitive to any type of drugs so I was out fast. It was so weird cause it was like I blinked and I was awake. I asked if it was over and they told me I was all done. I was so groggy and my throat hurt because I had to have a breathing tube in. I was in a ton of pain due to a lot of gas build up. I had to get the max amount of pain relievers and it still didn't help. I have a low pain tolerance and to think I had natural child birth. Well anyway Jonathan waited through the whole thing and was so helpful to me. I really have the best husband ever. He is so strong through all of this. He really did lose a lot. He really really wanted twins. Not like I didn't but he's dreamed of them for along time. After I got home I got to recover a little more as margaret and Jonathan took care of the kids. But I couldn't resist and I had Jonathan bring Miriam in to me so I could hold her and slowly get her to sleep. I'm so grateful for my babies. Just to think I could have lost anyone of them. Heavenly Father knew my desires to be a mother and truly blessed me with 5 miracles. I was reminded of that from the nurse at the hospital. She was amazed I had what I have. PCOS makes it hard to even have 1. My testimony has grown leaps and bounds after this experience. Im grateful for trials as I have a chance to count my many blessing and realize the many mercies of God. We are not going to try again. After losing 8 babies we see that as too much. I'm happy and I'm at peace. I truly have so much to be grateful for.






See the two circles those are the yolk sacks. When we looked closer we could se the fetal poles. I know one had shrunk but I don't know how much the other did as we didn't even know it was there. One was measuring 7 weeks the other was measuring 6 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss!! We are sending prayers your way for you and your family!!