This last week was a week of anticipation....... I was waiting for my ultrasound to tell me how far along I was and a actual due date. I went to get my blood drawn on Saturday. I just felt like I was a pin cushion. I've been sick still, and very tired. Smells drive me crazy. So I've had a week of laying around and trying not to throw up. So fast forward to today. I was so nervous to go and see what we would find on the ultrasound. I felt good about this pregnancy, but you still get nervous whether you'll see a heartbeat or not. It's very scary as I've heard of many women not seeing a heartbeat, and have to go on and have a D&C. I had my appt. at 9:10 am and after allot of waiting I went into the ultrasound room and we saw that the baby had grown from a little bitty line to a little blob on the screen. To my delight we saw that it had a heartbeat and it measured 148 BPM. Ohhhhh what a sigh of relief. To see a heartbeat brings down the risk of miscarriage to 3%, and I have a 64% chance. I also found out that I'm 7 weeks 5 days pregnant so I'm further along than I thought. I'm due Sept. 23rd, and the funny thing is Christina my sister-in-law is due Sept. 17th. Not even a week apart. Oh my poor mother in law. So we will see who will go first. This is my 5th and her 1st so we will see. Oh and the best news is that my Dr. gave me a prescription for a pill that will help me with my morning sickness. YEAH!!!! We will see how that will work out. More good news I don't have to have my blood taken anymore. I just have to have another ultrasound in 2 weeks. OHHHHH darn!!! hehehe. Things are looking really good so I'm happy.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
My Pregnancy Journal Week 7
This last week was a week of anticipation....... I was waiting for my ultrasound to tell me how far along I was and a actual due date. I went to get my blood drawn on Saturday. I just felt like I was a pin cushion. I've been sick still, and very tired. Smells drive me crazy. So I've had a week of laying around and trying not to throw up. So fast forward to today. I was so nervous to go and see what we would find on the ultrasound. I felt good about this pregnancy, but you still get nervous whether you'll see a heartbeat or not. It's very scary as I've heard of many women not seeing a heartbeat, and have to go on and have a D&C. I had my appt. at 9:10 am and after allot of waiting I went into the ultrasound room and we saw that the baby had grown from a little bitty line to a little blob on the screen. To my delight we saw that it had a heartbeat and it measured 148 BPM. Ohhhhh what a sigh of relief. To see a heartbeat brings down the risk of miscarriage to 3%, and I have a 64% chance. I also found out that I'm 7 weeks 5 days pregnant so I'm further along than I thought. I'm due Sept. 23rd, and the funny thing is Christina my sister-in-law is due Sept. 17th. Not even a week apart. Oh my poor mother in law. So we will see who will go first. This is my 5th and her 1st so we will see. Oh and the best news is that my Dr. gave me a prescription for a pill that will help me with my morning sickness. YEAH!!!! We will see how that will work out. More good news I don't have to have my blood taken anymore. I just have to have another ultrasound in 2 weeks. OHHHHH darn!!! hehehe. Things are looking really good so I'm happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats! What a huge relief!!! I can relate to what you have been going through, as I too have a high miscarriage rate.
Post a Comment