Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Pregnancy Journal Week 5

Ok since this is my last pregnancy. I'm going to document it weekly. (I hope I do). In doing this I'm going to put down highlights and lowlights (is that a word?) of my pregnancy. I know that it's early and my miscarriage rate is high, but with a great dr. I think I'll be fine.

Yesterday after my appointment I went to get some blood work done. HCG (the pregnancy hormone) and Progesterone (keeps the baby alive until the placenta kicks in at 12 weeks. When I was pregnant with Benjamin it's was too low so I had to be suplamented with a synthetic Progesterone. I thought that was a fluke, not to happen again. 

I got a call this morning that my HCG was great right where it should be. But my progesterone is too low so again I have to be  put back on progesterone suppilments. They are not cheap and make you dizzy, increased pregnancy symptoms. Not very excited about that as I dislike taking pills. In fact as I write this I feel dizzy and tired. Just gotta love it. The blessing out ways the trials. So in three days I'm going to get retested. So I hope that I don't get put back on more progesterone if I doesn't go up enough. So as too the comment that this is my last baby, I just can't handle the fact that I have such a high rate of miscarriage and have to do so much testing. I'd just rather be happy with 5 kids and stay sane. 

I know that I didn't expect this baby to come soooooo soon, but I tend to get very attached to my babies right away. So I do worry about the outcome of my baby that I'm growing. 

I'm excited to record all the aspects of my pregnancy (Not the too personal and uncomfortable parts. Don't worry). 

Sorry if this is kind of scatter brained that is what I am right now. 
Another installment in 1 week. 

No comments: