Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BIG HUGE SURPRISE!!!!!!!!

warning: this is a little personal


So I had my last cycle back in October.........  when I was 2 weeks late I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. So not pregnant. Well I'm nursing so that could do it, but never happened before. I have PCOS so that could make my cycles irregular, and very long. So I thought for sure that's got to be it. So every once and a while I would take a test and receive a negative result. So I thought my PCOS is worse and that I would be able to get pregnant without the help of fertility drugs again. I wasn't liking the thought of that and infertility was becoming a reality. I remember talking to several friends about it. Now it's January and still the absence of my cycle. I was getting tired, sense of smell is going up, emotional, and slightly sick. I call the Dr. for an appointment to see what in the world is going on. Saturday Jonathan and I were at his parents house and he was telling everyone that I might be pregnant. I say "no I'm not". Jonathan says "but your face has a pregnant look to it". I get a resolve in my mind that I would prove him wrong. So I head to the store to get some things for Lily's B-day party. As I'm there I pick up a pregnancy test. After I got home I take the test and wait for the results that I just"know" that they are negative AGAIN!! But that pink line that tells you that you are pregnant shows up within a half a second. I looked at that pregnancy test and thought wait what line am I looking at. I have to be looking at the wrong line. Then the test line shows up. OHHHHHH WAIT............. I have two line. So I start breathing really hard and call for Jonathan to come down the stairs. I just hold up the test for him to see cause I can't even talk. I'm not going to lie I did start to cry out of shock and worry. I just had a baby......... I'm not supposed to be able to get pregnant like this.......... I wanted more time to baby Benjamin........... I wanted to lose more weight......... 5 KIDS wow!!! So many things going through my mind as Jonathan held me and told me it would be ok. Jonathan was just so excited, and was a great support as I was just about to freak out. So I was just about to have people come over for Lily's bday party. I think I did pretty well. So now WHEN am I due. I have not had my cycle since October. Could I really be that far along. 15 weeks and not even know it. I could be due anywhere from july to the end of sept. Luckily I had scheduled an appointment with my Dr. for Tuesday (today). So I went in and told them the situation. My Dr. did a ultrasound and we find out that I am only 5 weeks along and the baby is so small that we could hardly see it. So in 2 weeks I go in for another ultrasound to see a more accurate date, and a heartbeat. I'm at the point where I'm am excited, and looking at the positive side to this and can't wait to meet our last little baby to grace our family. 


See just a little line in the black circle. Just too little to see anything. 

2 comments:

Liz said...

What an interesting little story! I love reading these kinds of things. I hope you are doing well and not too sick! Please keep us updated! Lots o Love!

Ricky and Kristi Rogers said...

you will be fine. 5 is crazy. it gets crazier when you have something every night for someone in the family. ricky and i love it it is just tiring. you can do it. there is a purpose