Friday, October 23, 2009

Losing Weight? Update

Ok.............. so I have a new game plan.

Preface:
Whenever I have lost weight after a baby I have done it very fast with a low carb diet. It's very strict and you are very limited. I was able to do it, but after I would go off of it I would gain all the weight back just as fast. I wouldn't exercise very much at all. Maybe not at all. I would let the number on the scale rule my day. If I gained some or didn't lose any for that day I would get all cranky and stuff. I guess it was I was so limited in food variety and it was so hard that if I didn't see results all the time it was hard to stay dedicated. So I'm going to do it the slow permeant way this time.

I started the weight loss on low carb this time and went to las vegas and didn't have a kitchen that allowed me to eat so strict so that went out the window. Jonathan and I have been discussing the importance of exercise in our lives and to teach our children to be healthy by keeping active. So we are playing baseball at the park on the weekends and we made an investment in our selves with a treadmill. I love having a treadmill in the house. I can get a great workout while the babies are napping. Just by having gone on the treadmill twice I already have much more energy than before. So what is the rest of my plan. I'm going to cut down on portions and cut out sweets. I'll snack on fruits and veggies, and drink lots of water. I'm going to gage my weight loss by either how my clothes are fitting or measuring I don't know. Maybe both I'll have to see how it affects me.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I LOVE that you have invested in yourselves and find that permanence is more important...plus, it is a good lesson for the kids to get and stay active in their lives. It is a tradition they will come to love and look back with fondness.

You can do it!